Ariane Hunter Photography

Welcome to my photo-blog everyone! Allow me to share my personal thoughts and feelings with you through my photographs. I am a freelance photographer based out of NYC and abroad. I love photographing any and everything that is inspiring whether its an exotic flower or beautiful child smiling up at me. My goal is to open your eyes to the world to see things you otherwise wouldn't have. I hope you enjoy your time on my site and please feel free to drop a comment (good or bad).

Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Little Momma

Ok, I had to do this one for my Mom!!

My mother moved to Florida almost a year ago but up until then we were like two peas in a pod.  Frequent shopping trips to the mall, long conversations about anything, or just hanging out at home watching a movie.  Sounds more like a best friend then a mom.  But that's how I look at her, even to this day; my mom is one of my best friends.  She's like this little lady, 5 feet 4 inches, so cute, full of life and loving.  I call her "my little momma" :).

She flew up to New York to visit with me for two weeks.  It was like old times.  We stayed up late at night reminiscing about old times when I was growing up, strolled around Union Square admiring the artwork from the local vendors, and even pampered ourselves with a trip to the nail salon to get mani/pedi's.  We did so much in the two weeks she was here but the time that stood out the most to me was taking her to the Japanese Stroll Garden in Oyster Bay, Long Island.  One thing you should know about my mother is that she absolutely loves gardens, flowers, and anything nature related so this was the perfect place for her.  It felt good to be able to do this small thing for her after all the things she's done for me in my life.  Here are a couple of photos from that day that I also plan on putting into an album because I would love to look back on this experience 5 or even 10 years from now.





































































Look how beautiful!!  Initially she didn't want me to take any pictures of her because she doesn't think she's photogenic.  

















And by far my most favorite picture of my mom.  Really captures her spirit and her beauty from within.
















It's funny how when you grow older you look at your parents and appreciate them in different ways.  Now when I look at my mom I really see and understand who she is.  Being a parent can be a very difficult thing and I realize that now as an adult and hopefully a future parent.  I am grateful to have such a fulfilling relationship with my mom and I'll always cherish the times that we spend with each other.  Love you Mom!! 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This is a wonderful post. And yes your mother is a wonderful person I know you don't need me to tell you this either.

August 29, 2009 at 11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is your mom crazy... she's VERY photogenic! I love that last pic as well. Like I said to you on facebook - you look like twins!

August 29, 2009 at 1:16 PM  
Blogger XIKhai said...

You relationship with your mother MIRRORS mine with my mom. I LOVE this post. Mother/daughter relationships are extra special.

August 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. :)

August 29, 2009 at 6:43 PM  
Blogger Ariane Hunter said...

Thanks all! I appreciate the comments. My mother, like most mother's out there, is truly a special person.

August 29, 2009 at 7:14 PM  
Anonymous I AM XI said...

OMG! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! You captured the true essence and closeness of mother/daughter relationships. It's truly irreplaceable! And what is your mom talking about?! She's a star! So beautiful!

August 29, 2009 at 7:42 PM  
Blogger Lovely Raine said...

WOW...these pictures are wonderful and your mother is beauitful and more importantly she has aged gracifully.I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES>

October 28, 2009 at 6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home